Desklog User Manual
Follow below steps to set up Desklog
1. Get Started
Click on the installed desklog icon and enter the credentials as shown in the below screenshot.
Click on the finish button as shown in the below screenshot.
Go to the right bottom corner of the taskbar and right-click on the icon to Login.
Click on My Desklog Option to Login as shown in the above screenshot and enter the credentials provided to login as shown in the below screenshot.
3. My Desklog
This is the dashboard of the user Desklog. Here, you can check your arrival time, left time, time at work, productive time, and idle time and all other reports as shown in the below screenshots.
- Arrival time : Time at which user arrived.
- Left time : Time at wh
- Time at Work : Time spent at work by the user during the working hours.
- Productive : Total productive time spent on the productive apps during the working hours.
The displayed task details are as follows:
- Tasks : The total number of assigned tasks which includes new tasks and pending tasks.
- Projects : The number of assigned projects.
- Completed Tasks : The number of completed tasks.
- To Do Task : The number of newly assigned tasks.
The different reports highlighted in the above screenshot are as follows:
- Productivity Graph : Pie chart representing how you spent time on productive or neutral or non-productive apps.
- Work Graph : Pie chart representing the worked time vs idle time vs private time to understand how often you go idle or avail private time during your working hours.
- Working Time : is the time spent at work during the working hours.
- Idle time : is the time when the application is running and there is no activity after certain specific minutes (3 or 5min) will be recorded as idle time.
- Private time : is the time interval or the break time availed by the user when the user goes offline or by switching off the system and returns back online.
- Work Timeline : Bar chart representing the different types of time intervals like worked time, idle time, private time, and other time availed by the employee during the whole day.Working Time is indicated in green, Idle time is indicated in yellow, Private time is indicated in red, and other time is indicated in grey for better understanding.
- Other Time : is the time interval which does not fall under any of the above types of time intervals and at the end of the day it will be the outer boundary of total working hours.
- Productivity Bar : Each bar of the graph represents the combined time spent on productive, neutral, and non-productive apps. Each bar is differentiated with three different colors to know the three different times spent during hourly intervals.
- Report Graph : It is a combined graph of the completed task time, productive and idle time for the day or for the week or the month.
- Categories : Apart from the above discussed three categories, you may also spend time on other categories like social media, office apps. Here you will get to know that
Three different App categories are displayed at the bottom of the dashboard
- Productive Apps : List of productive apps accessed by the user and the time spent on it.
- Non Productive Apps : List of non-productive apps accessed by the user and the time on it.
- Neutral Apps : List of neutral apps accessed by the user and the time spent on it.
Note : View all these details for the day, week, month, or for the last three months by clicking on the appropriate tabs as highlighted in the top of the screenshot.
Click on the Logout menu to logout of the user account and you can also logout from the Desklog Client app by clicking on the Desklog icon on the tray which is displayed on the bottom right corner of the window. Right click on the icon and select the logout option as shown in the below screenshot. It will logout the client app and once again you need to run the client app and enter credentials as discussed in section 1. and then the Desklog icon will be displayed on the tray to start with the Desklog user account.
Note : There is an exit option, this also will quit the client app but you need not enter the credentials once again to start with the Desklog. Open the client app, the Desklog icon will be on the tray and click on My Desklog to login to the user account.